A couple of years ago a friend casually mentioned that she had been using essential oils for the past 20 years. Naturally the first thing that came to mind was the pleasant smelling aromas of a day spa. Along with the aromatic component, most essential oils can be used topically and internally.
I decided to take the plunge and invest in a diffuser and two oils, lemon and lavender. I diffused them both separately and also together. I was hooked, I wanted to know more. Thank you Lisa Rogers! This is what I learned:
“In nature, essential oils are found in the roots, stems, leaves, resins, flowers, and rinds of the plant. …When the plant’s aromatic compounds are distilled for purity, potency and efficacy, they become a powerful tool for maintaining a family’s health.” ( doTerra.com)
Each essential oil has its own properties and benefits. You can use single essential oils and/or essential oil blends. Most important, you need to make sure that the oils you choose are pure, therapeutic grade oils. Some oils labeled as “essential” are strictly for fragrance benefits and are not safe topically or internally. Please refer to Why doTerra for a detailed description on the distillation process.
Okay…back to Lemon and Lavender essential oils. Listed below are just a few of the uses and benefits of these oils.
Lemon Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Use as a safe cleaner throughout your home
- Add a drop to your water for a refreshing boost throughout the day.
- Use in your main dishes and desserts to enhance flavor.
- When diffused, Lemon is uplifting, energizing and has been shown to promote a positive mood.
Lavender Essential Oil and Benefits
- Helps to ease muscle tension
- Apply to scars to reduce scar tissue.
- Add a few drops to pillows, bedding, pr bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- When diffused, Lavender creates a calm, soothing environment.
I hope this information was helpful. Essential oils are so much more than nice smelling aromas in a day spa! If I can help or answer any questions you have regarding essential oils please leave me a message or go to my site at www.mydoterra.com/wendykernmurphy